Tuesday, April 6, 2010

In a Drama Contest we Beat German Opera

Have you ever noticed that life takes up every single moment of life?  What happened to being pro-active, to getting ahead, to saving for a rainy day? Well some say you make lemonade with your lemons. As for me I found listening to O Fortuna, shaking my head for two minutes in bewilderment, laughing at how funny life is, and seeing how many Junior Mints I can eat before the kids find me hiding in the pantry very therapeutic.

Here's the Sessions drama in 2 acts (or months) and
our 11 most pivotal events:

1. Heather finally decides to have that gaul durn gallbladder removed.
2. Jeff starts training for his third job to pay for gallbladder, gaul durn it!
3. Lizzie gets Strep Throat. Antibiotics administered.
4. Bridger gets the mysterious South Weber sick and is the grouchiest bear ever until...(oh! and Antibiotics administered.)
5. Jeff gets a gun from Pops and the Mule Deer Foundation Dinner.
6. Heather break a tooth while eating popcorn and watching "Red Dawn" for the first time.
7. Heather starts second job to pay for stupid tooth.
8. Bridger beats his grouchiest bear record, and doesn't sleep for more than 2 hours for 10 days. (We experience our first kid ear infection, and I have no idea how we dodged it that long. Here's hoping tonight is quiet.) Antibiotics administered.
9. Heather gets Strep Throat Antibiotics administered.
10. Lizzie gets Strep Throat. Antibiotics administered.
11. We watch the other survivors for signs of sick.

Curtain closes.
 
It has guns.  It has drugs.  It has organ removal.  I think it's a blockbuster!

4 comments:

  1. I got to see a few acts of that wonderful opera w/ no apparent side effects! Hopefully the curtain has closed on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lot of DRAMA!!! and drugs. At least the antibiotics are usually the cheap drugs at the pharmacy! We love your guts...even the removed ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do beat German Opera! I like the mints in the pantry idea, I may try it after this weekend (ear infection, strep & croup).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so hide from my kids in the pantry to eat chocolate! I ate a chocolate bunny, that was supposed to be Ava's, just yesterday! I'm glad that you were able to get that gall-durn gall bladder removed. It seems like all my friends latemly have been getting those removed. Here's to hoping the next two months provide less "Life" than the last two!

    ReplyDelete