Friday, April 9, 2010

It's a T-Shirt...You're a Super Hero!

I've run out of safety pins to attach blankies around necks.  Arco clips aren't doing the job, and tucking blankets into shirt neck holes every 2 minutes just isnt time effective.  Proving that my memory processors still work intermittently, I've remembered that my sister-in-law is a t-shirt refurbisher extrodinare.  When Bridger was born she made an AC/DC T-shirt into a newborn nightie.  (I might also add she made us a Napolean Dynamite, and Abercrombie nightie as well.  Thank you Rychelle!) 
What really saved the day today, was her idea to take an unwanted T-shirt and make it into a Super Hero cape.  Mind you I spent two minutes making my capes, instead of the extra type Rychelle did, and you can really tell.  But thankfully the kids can't tell, and I'm the one who's the superhero now.   Add to it that I encouraged the kids to draw on clothing by decorating it with their super symbols, they may just think I flipped my wig. Here's her link if you too would like to become a Super Hero. 

Scooters as part of super transportation, not included.

3 comments:

  1. Amazing! Heather, you (and of course, Rychelle) are geniuses!! It looks like your kids had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that looks like a lot of fun. I think I'll make one for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like your kids had a lot of fun with their capes. How fun! Amazing what can be done with things on hand, as long as you have the know how.
    I love checking your blog!

    ReplyDelete